Have a question about our Internet or home phone service? There's a good chance you'll find the answer below. We hope you'll find this information helpful.
We've divided the questions and answers into two general categories: Internet and Home Phone. If you have a question that isn't on the list please contact us. We'll do our best to assist you.
- I live way out in a rural area. Can I get your high-speed Internet service?
Yes, there's a good chance we can install either LTE or 4G satellite Internet service at your rural residence. However, a clear-line-of-sight (no trees, branches or other obstructions) is required to our tower or to the southern sky. Go to our "Service Area" page to see a list of the places we serve in New Brunswick.
- What Internet plans are available and how much do they cost?
There are many different Internet plans depending on the service type: satellite or LTE and each service has a range of speeds and data options. To get an idea of what options are available please go to our "Internet Packages" page and then call us at 506-625-2900 for a service quote.
- I'm buying a house in an area that's on the list of places you serve. Does this mean I can get your Internet service there for sure?
No, we're never 100% certain that we can connect you. Our Internet platforms are "wireless" meaning we connect to the service via a satellite dish or an LTE fixed wireless transmitter/receiver. On occasion, we come across specific sites where it isn't possible to achieve a good LTE or satellite signal. Usually this is because of trees, other obstructions or for some other installation reason beyond our control. It's always best to check with us before you buy and we can do a site-survey for a small fee.
- My next door neighbor has your Internet service. Does that guarantee a good signal at my residence too?
No, it really doesn't work that way. Every property is different with trees in various locations and of different heights. Maybe your neighbor doesn't have quite as many trees as you. Or maybe we installed high on their roof but can't on yours for one reason or another. There are many variables that impact our installation.
- I don't want my good credit score to be lowered if I order your Internet service. Is there a credit bureau check if I order?
No. But our service provider has their own internal process which requires that you to set-up pre-authorized payments from your bank account or credit card.
- Do I require any cash on installation day when getting your Internet service?
No, not normally. All plans include rental equipment so there's no hardware to buy. Unless you're purchasing a router from us, require advanced installation work or need a specialty hardware bracket, you don't pay us anything. You also have the option to buy your own router at a later date so the choice is yours.
- My kids all have smart phones and tablets. Is your satellite or LTE Internet service Wi-Fi ready?
No. All hardware is Wi-Fi capable but not Wi-Fi ready. You must set-up a router to create a wireless network if you require it.
- I have a router here somewhere. If I find it or buy a new one will your technician set-it-up when they install my Internet?
No, but we can supply and install a router for you. Call us for an installation quote and be sure to order it in advance of your appointment day.
- My computer has not been connected to the Internet for a while. Will your technician get my computer working for me?
No, that is not part of what we do. Our technician will bring a laptop to work with. We're only there to install your Internet access. We don't update your computer.
- Can I pay my Internet bill at my local bank or through on line banking?
No, unfortunately those options are not available. Your payments must be set-up on pre-authorized debit (PAD) from your bank account or credit card.
- I live in a rental building. Do I still need written permission from the landlord if there's already satellite dishes on the building?
Yes, written permission is always required prior to us installing your Internet service. Please do not schedule your appointment until you have this in hand.
- Can I order your home phone without the Internet?
No. This type of home phone service is not available as a "stand alone" service. It's exclusively for our Internet customers.
- How much does home phone cost?
Please check-out our "Home Phone" page for pricing and more information on long distance plans.
- Can I keep my current phone number if I switch to your home phone service?
Yes, usually our service provider can port your existing number providing your number is available to be ported, but there is no guarantee. And the process can take several weeks and you'll be given a temporary home phone number to use while you wait.
- Can I use my same phones with your home phone service?
Yes, absolutely. The service will work with any phone. However, because the phone service is a VoIP service, your current phone jacks will not work. We install a VoIP phone modem at your access location. This is where your main phone will be and you then use wireless phones throughout the rest of your home.
Content copyright 2017 (c) sourceonesatellite.ca. All rights reserved. Third-party logos and marks are registered trademarks of their respective owners. All rights reserved .
All Internet and home phone offers on this website are subject to change without notice. Offers available for new residential customer accounts only (Cannot have subscribed to service for a specified period of time as per the service provider's policy). All orders received are subject to approval by the service provider. Offers displayed on this site are available in New Brunswick and may be different in other provinces of Canada. Taxes are extra. Some conditions may apply. For complete information on any offer on this website call Source One Satellite. Please read our Website Terms and Conditions.